Once you have enjoyed The Beachcomber's heated outdoor swimming pool; explore some of the many activities on offer right on our doorstep! Our location next to the only North facing beach in New Zealand means there are heaps of great things to do.
Our Top 10 'to do's in Tahunanui
1) 'Tahuna' Beach – Fantastic safe swimming beach with great walks at low tide
2) Visit the 'WOW Museum' – Creative art museum and fantastic classic cars section..
3) Pro Karts – Great family entertaininment. 20 minutes here gives you a real buzz
4) Great Taste Cycle Trail – we can be the starting point for this newly built family cycle trail around the Nelson Estuary
5) Natureland Wildlife Trust– Small wildlife centre with mammals and birds, great for the young ones
6) Nelson Fun Park – Enjoy the Hydroslide, Bumper Boats, Mini-Golf and more. Great summer fun on a hot day.
7) Back Beach Walk – A favourite with the locals. Best at sunrise or sunset. Dog friendly
8) Raglan Roast coffee – Best and cheapest coffee in Tahuna, right near the beach
9) Moana SUP – Paddleboarding at the beach. Best in the morning before the wind gets up
10) Tahunanui playground – a Nelson icon for 60 years. Free access to slides, swings, climbing frames and more. For the young and young at heart!